EU as Global Actor Interest Section
EU foreign relations Web sites and Web-based resources
Last reviewed and updated: July 24, 2006
This Web page is Copyright 2002-06, European Union Studies Association, Inc.
- The European Foreign Policy Research Network (aka FORNET) aims to structure and co-ordinate a network of researchers across Europe focusing on foreign policy governance, with members from the 15 EU member states and 9 Accession states. Funded by the European Commission, the site features a discussion forum concerning the CFSP with participants from across Europe.
- The International Relations and Security Network, based in Zurich, Switzerland, has an excellent set of links organized under the rubric, EU-World Relations, from EU-Albania to EU-Uzbekistan. Highly recommended.
- Based in Barcelona, the Observatory of European Foreign Policy provides working papers, a virtual library, and other resources developed by this non-profit group of researchers. Site in Spanish and English; some parts in Spanish only.
- The Asia-Europe Meeting Process (known as ASEM) is a forum promoting understanding and cooperation among its 26 partners: all fifteen EU member states, the European Commission, and ten East and Southeast Asian countries (China, Japan, South Korea, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam). The 2003 meeting took place in Sweden.
- The General Secretariat of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States site includes the press releases and other documents issued from the ACP-EU Joint Assemblies.
- The Web site of The United States Mission to the European Union has a wealth of documents, current and historical, detailing diplomatic relations between the U.S. and the EU.
- Connecting the EU and Latin America (aka Recal) is a policy-oriented network of like-minded research centres in the European Union and Latin America that aim to further bi-regional relations through joint study and reflection. Their main activity is the program "Latin America 2020." Bilingual site.
- The European Commission's Directorate-General for External Relations (popularly known as Relex) has an extensive set of Web pages covering the EU's relations with all parts of the world. This portal Web site, The European Union in the World, has search functions by specific topic and by both country and region. Among these extensive Web pages is Relex's Latest News page, featuring the EU's current foreign affairs press releases and other documents. All material is available in English, some in other languages.
To suggest EU foreign relations related Web sites for this page, please email us.